Thread: reloading
View Single Post
Old July 14, 2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Smokey Joe

Turret presses

First of all, welcome to The Magnificent Obsession--Reloading!

Secondly, Redding makes a great turret press--built like a tank; your grandchildren won't be able to wear it out, let along you nor your kid(s), and you can get multiple turrets for it so each turret stays set up with all dies, etc, for each cartridge you want to load.

It's a little pricey; just the press and 1 turret is about $200 I believe, but that would be the best AFAIK.

Have you studied up on the reloading process? There is a bunch of "standard wisdom" that you'll need, and it's too voluminous to ask, a question at a time, over the I'net. May I reccommend one volume that covers everything, called The ABC's of Reloading, put out by Krause Publishing www.krause.com Get it @ yr local sptg gds sto, gun sho, the I'net, or order from Krause. This one volume really covers the gamut. It is a how-to and more importantly why-and-why-not to kind of book.

You'll also need a reloading manual, and more than 1 is a good idea for cross-checking. Lyman's 48th edition is my fave but there are several good ones out there. www.lymanproducts.com or the sources mentioned above. The manual is a recipie book--so much of which powder for which bullet and which primer, etc, etc.

Anyhow, enjoy the learning curve, welcome to TFL, welcome to reloading, and, as always, remember, the journey is part of the destination.

--Smokey Joe

Page generated in 0.02232 seconds with 8 queries