View Single Post
Old January 2, 2009, 07:29 PM   #27
alan

El Paso Joe:

Kafkaesque??? , as in Kafka.

My former girlfriend, back when our hair was dark, ad long suffering wife has an MSW from Columbia University, circa 1964. She has been known to "blaze away" with ponderous dignity, using a Smith Model 15, which she shoots double action. Used to be she could take the upper half of the "A" zone out of a standard IPSC target at 25 yards. I would NEVER offer ANY discretionary authority or power to ANY Civil servant, appointed, elected or otherwise. BTW, I lived in NYC for many, many years, leaving it in 1967.

blume357:

One finds passing strange legislation/regulations in any number of locales. For instance, as memory serves me, it is or used to be that Glock Pistols couldn't be sold in South Carolina. Seemed they failed some sort of "melting point test". I don't especially care for Glocks, a subjective judgement, however they do seem to work.

As for this business over/about "Assault Weapons/Assault Rifles, most individuals in "public life", haven't the proverbial clue re what it is they speak of. Ignorance is simply a lack of information. The syndrome they suffer from is very much worse, which brings interested parties to the following question. How is it that such creatures obtain public office.

Page generated in 0.02532 seconds with 8 queries