View Single Post
Old July 26, 2010, 06:29 PM   #17
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
First, my vote was for "I hold neither moral nor financial responsibility for the injuries caused by my bullet." The situation was brought to me by the instigation of others. No matter how you parse the scenario, I had a legal right to be where I was, and I had no part in instigating the action that resulted on the discharge of the bullet in question. Had I not responded by discharging a bullet I would have suffered serious bodily injury or death - and may have in spite of my defensive response/reaction.

@ ScottRiqui - Sorry, but I cannot take the malevolent actor out of the equation. Were it not for the malevolent actor I would not have responded by discharging a bullet. Yes, in this case it really is a case of claiming "He started it!"

Please recall that common law and case law place the blame and responsibility on the "malevolent actor." The felony murder rule extends also to non-fatal injuries suffered as either a direct or proximate cause of the illegal act.

Now - for me the more important question is - am I going to "feel bad" about having shot an innocent?

stay safe.

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries