View Single Post
Old July 11, 2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Youngshooter

I agree with the facts about us 18-22 year olds in college. Anyone that has been to Waco or lives in the central Texas area knows that Waco is a very troubled city in certain areas. The trouble with our particular area is that our campus is situated right off the highway and the neighborhoods around it is a fairly shady area. This last year was my first year there and also the worst for robberies which included physical assaults. While no one was seriously hurt, criminals often get more gutsy with time and "success". This lead to the robbers starting to actually draw guns on the kids they were attacking. Freshmen are required to live in the dorms on campus but after that we all disperse into housing that is around the campus, into the rather shady part. I'm actually living almost a block from where a couple attacks happened. I'm fully aware that it is certainly not the optimal scenario, but what other choice do we have? In my dorm we weren't allowed to have any firearms in our rooms, but this year me and my housemates(and our parents) have all agreed that it is a very good idea to have guns in our house. This turned off on a huge tangent but I find it still relevant to the case of students in our situation, while being responsible and law abiding, should not be stripped of our constitutional rights. Even my mother who doesn't necessarily enjoy firearms fully supports the idea. It is something I hope to never encounter, but it is better to be prepared than not.

Page generated in 0.02991 seconds with 8 queries