View Single Post
Old January 28, 2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Doc Hoy

Understand

Mykeal,

"rim of the chamber should line up...."

And I think in this case it does not because the travel of the cylinder just seems to be excessive.

I did not notice this free play before I loosened the spring. Actually it is more accurate to say that I installed the spring less tightly. I did this by simply backing the screw out about a third of a turn. I watched for pressure on both the trigger and the bolt but since I did not have much time to mess with it and since my experience is limited, I can say no more than that about that spring adjustment.

If the true method of adjusting this spring is to bend the spring, I did not try that.

Also I am going to assume that when you say, "Straighten the leg of the bolt" you mean; make sure it is not mis-shaped toward the opposite leg. (Closer at the tip than at the throat).

When I initially disassembled the pistol the tip of one leg of the bolt was touching the tip of the other leg. I was pretty sure that was not correct and so I opened up the gap so that the legs are slightly further apart at the tip than at the throat. This provides constant contact between the hammer and the bolt leg.

Tnx,

Doc

Last edited by Doc Hoy; January 28, 2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Mis-spellings

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries