View Single Post
Old January 25, 2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Let's revisit what you were saying 2 years ago, hammer4nc.

Quote:
When the rhetoric becomes a little heated, you're quite ready to chastise "internet commandos", because you perceive the stonger rhetoric will undercut your carefully chosen requests to your political controllers. This is your plea for unity? Namecalling?

Listen up. I'll speak just as harshly about those forum members (usually employees of the state, in my observation) who always want to squelch strident opinions, because they feel it makes them look bad (or might threaten their paycheck?). We see in another gun forum, for example, where political speech was outright banned (yeah, except for weekly political photoshop posters created by the forum owner ); all this under the guise of "raising the signal to noise ratio", "stopping bashing", or some other transparent pretext. I think trying to silence or control the political rhetoric because it doesn't fit YOUR political template, to be most repulsive, and counterproductive. How's that?

The dream of every gun controller, that the gun community would stop at a strongly worded letter, as to the total substance of their "fight". Civil disobedience? Don't mention it! Active resistance? Ban all discussion! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Your screed hasn't changed much, I see. But let's look closely at the last line of that same 2 year old post:
Quote:
I guess it depends on where you perceive where we are in the struggle.
On the RKBA front, things have changed. Despite the outcome of the elections, we are more secure in our RKBA than at any time in the last 50 years. Yet your screed is the same.

Page generated in 0.02169 seconds with 8 queries