View Single Post
Old June 7, 2011, 04:20 PM   #1
C0untZer0

My experience renewing my FOID

So I sent my renewal out April 12th. And on June 6th I still hadn't received my FOID so I called Illinois State Police.

I did check my bank account and they cashed my $10.00 check for the processing fee on April 20.

The ISRA site gave me a warning that there would be a message telling me that if I hadn't waited 56 days then I should call back when 56 days have elapsed. Actually the canned answering message says that if I had not waited 57 days.. then I should call back when 57 days have elapsed. I was also told that I would have a 19minute wait time to speak to a representative.

After 19 minutes I did speak with a live person, she told me that since 68 days had not elapsed I should call back in the future. I said "wait a minute, you mean 57 days right? She said no - that the current processing time for a FOID was running 68 days, and she also told me that they hadn't received my application until May 3rd.

I said "Wait a minute - I have a bank statement that shows that you cashed my check on April 20th" to which she replied "Our department, the department that actually processes the FOID, didn't receive your application until May 3rd. She strongly hinted that the 68 day timer only started on May 3rd - in which case I probably won't have my FOID until July 10th !!!

Page generated in 0.03775 seconds with 8 queries