View Single Post
Old June 17, 2007, 09:44 PM   #14
jclayto

It's been a frustrating day for me guys. I give up on the indexing feature for now, but I was able to finally get all the dies in and adjusted so that it is seating the bullets to the proper overall length. Once I got everything set up and went for a test run, my wife somehow managed to break my auto prime. The autoprime snapped open and the little plunger and spring popped out, we put it all back togeather but it still doesnt seem to work quite right. Any suggestions?

I do have a few questions if someone could help me out. They are newbie questions so be gentle

1) I am using the pro auto disk measure. I am loading for .357 with 2400 powder for 158 grain jacketed bullet. The lee manual calls for 14.1 grain starting load and an auto disk of 1.02. I set up the auto disk on 1.02 and made the drop. It only threw 13.2 grains. How do you make adjustments on the amount it thows? I am assuming you use a different hole in the auto disk, but how do i know which one?

2) this is dumb, be the instructions didnt make this very clear. when loading primers into the auto prime, which side do you want facing out (toward the clear plastic lid)

I really appreciate everyones help. I am super excited, but I am really trying to take this slow and make sure I do it safe first and foremost.

Page generated in 0.03354 seconds with 8 queries