View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 10:38 AM   #12
cannonfire

People are hysterical about "assault weapons". My mother, who is pro gun etc called me up one day and says she doesn't think anybody should have "assault weapons". I simply asked her what an assault weapon is and she couldn't explain it. So then I told her to go look in my rifle bag (my guns are at her house in GA while I finish up school in NJ). I said you see that rifle that hasn't harmed anybody? That is what the media is talking about, you have one in your own house, so how evil is it? All she said was "Oh".

And another argument for people who say these "assault weapons" are "weapons of mass destruction", just ask them if they think we found WMDs in Iraq. Because if they think these semi-auto rifles are WMD, then sure enough the full auto brother is one and the Iraqi Army was filled with them. Then I usually go into some sarcastic rant about how they must have supported the Iraq War (which usually if they are anti gun, they opposed the war) and how we found tens if not hundreds of thousands of WMDs in Iraq.

They usually have the dumbfounded look on their face after that

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries