View Single Post
Old January 10, 2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Joey V.

LOL you got a job ahead of you!!!!!!!

Yesterday I just did a 2 hour long bore cleaning exercize because I was dumb and shot RIFLED SLUGS from my rifled barrel. Your barrel looked exactly like mine. Take the barrel off the gun and put a flashlight at one end and look down it you will cry LOL. Now if you never shot a rifled slug out of it then it will be simple to clean because it is 99% most likely plastic streak from the sabot.

FOR JUST PLASTIC REMOVAL
Get a 10 gage copper bore brush if you can find one or just a 12 gage if that is all you can get. I use a good bore solvent in my case remington bore bright and it eats away lead, copper, and plastic. It really doesn't "eat" anything but it will help better than nothing! Take a piece of old rag and wrap it around your cleaning rod to protect the muzzle of the barrel from the rod and shove it in a little bit into the muzzle. Then ram the crap out of the barrel for a VERY long time until it is bright, clean and perfect.

For leaded up barrel
Do the same thing but for the first 30 to 40 rams of the bore wrap a COPPER chore boy around the bristles of the brush first to get the heavy stuff.

I shoot 50 rounds of KO rifled slugs from my barrel and it took me 2 hours to get it almost clean out. I had to wrap my cleaning brush with steel wool starting with #2 and working down to 0000 wool. I do not sugest you do this as I undoutadle ate up some of the bore metal too. I don't consider that such a bad thing because I usally hand lap all my rifle bores (not with steel wool) anyway for better accuracy. Lapping with 0000 wool of a mossy stock barrel probably improved upon it because they are not known for having the best milling anyway.

Good luck to you and scrub a dub dub LOL!

Page generated in 0.03225 seconds with 8 queries