Thread: Gun Safe
View Single Post
Old July 4, 2010, 12:43 PM   #14
a1abdj

Quote:
This is direct from their(Sportsman Steel) FAQ website:
I don't care what their website says. It's full of untruths.

If you would research somewhere other than their website, you might find stories about customers buying chinese safes from them. Of course they spray paint over the "made in china" printed on the box. You might also find many other horror stories.

You can see their "Made in the US" safe with "Made in China" printed on the box (complete with photos) here:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/guns-ran...pany-b957b.htm

Let me go through some of what you quoted from their website:

Quote:
Gun safes sold on-line are almost always made in China.
Their "American made" gun safes are sold online aren't they? Every other US manufacturer has their products represented online as well. Products sold online have nothing to do with the country of origin.

Quote:
The best gun safes are made in the United States.
Of course they are. The US is one of the only countries where gun ownership is so common. You don't have a lot of bikini manufacturers in Alaska.

Quote:
But the Best Gun Safe award goes to the commercial safe.
I agree with them here, but then they go on to prove they have no idea what a commercial safe is in the next sentence:

Quote:
They have 1/4" steel bodies, step system doors, four point sealing doors and fireproofing that's cement or ceramic insulation.
Those criteria have nothing to do with a "commercial safe".

Quote:
The best gun safe is not sold on-line.
The best mass manufactured gun safe is the AMSEC RF6528 which carries a UL TL-30 burglary rating. It is commonly found online.

I sell custom gun safes with even higher ratings, and technically sell them "online" as well.

Quote:
If a on-line company claims to be American, call an American gun safe manufacturer like Sportsman Steel Safes, Fort Knox or Halls. They'll tell you who's American and who is not."
You would be better off actually calling somebody who knows something about safes. Gun safe manufacturers are not high on that list.

Quote:
The best way to figure out who makes the best gun safes is by watching which gun safe the US Government is buying. The FBI, Homeland Security, US Secret Service and LAPD chose Sportsman Steel Safes over all other gun safes.
This is very interesting. I do a lot of work for the government, and have never seen a Sportsman Steel safe being used by them. I have seen several Liberty gun safes being used.

Quote:
When the above government institutions scoured the net looking for their gun safes, they were probably looking for gun safes that resembled high-end commercial grade safes. Sportsman Steel Safes, Fort Knox and Halls gun safes offer this level of security."
If the government was looking for safes that resembled high end commercial safes, that's what they would have bought. The government knows all about safes, and has been using real safes long before the gun safe was invented.

I don't know how many government agencies are shopping online though.

Last edited by a1abdj; July 4, 2010 at 12:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.02581 seconds with 8 queries