Thread: .451 or .454
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Doc Hoy

Hawg and Jerry

I find that the round balls load about eighteen times (That is an exageration)easier if I lube them. I had an 1851 pattern in .44 that simply would not load unless I lubed the balls. Not even .451s. I bought a replacement cylinder and it was moderately better but still did not want to accept the ball without lube.

I think that every pistol should load using the loading lever. That is to say that no pistol should need to be taken apart and loaded with a press. (My personal opinion). I like using a press and probably will not use the lever on any pistol ever again but a press should not be a mandatory part of the loading process for any pistol (with the right ball and with the ball lubed)

I am one who believes that the loading process (using the lever) might be as hard on a pistol as shooting the pistol and I am especially conscious of this when shooting Colt style revolvers. (Please...don't lets resurrect the Colt versus Remington discussion)

Quote:
but you know Doc
Hey hey hey! It is great to know I have established a reputation! So what if it is not a good one.?!

I really assumed that everyone lube their round balls as well as their conicals.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; April 25, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.03124 seconds with 8 queries