View Single Post
Old December 11, 2011, 12:05 PM   #15
buck460XVR

Quote:
What political reasons would a state have to deny that the lions are now in their state?
None really.....but they would be foolish to admit these animals were in the area without sufficient proof. Remember....folks have been reporting sightings of "Bigfoot" for years and claim even tho there is no proof of their existence, that there has been a conspiracy/cover-up.

Where I live in Wisconsin there have been several verified cougar sightings. My son even has a picture of one on his game camera on his property. The cow that was attacked last year was next door to his in-laws where he bow hunts. Funny thing is, these cougars are transients passing thru, having very little influence on the local deer population. My son's success on big bucks with his bow the last few years and our sightings of deer and their sign in these areas are evidence of this. Still, many unsuccessful deer hunters in the area are blaming their lack of success on these killing machines brought in at night by the truckloads by the DNR. They also brag about "gonna shoot every one I see!" Since this is illegal in Wisconsin, this shows the type of sportsman they are. Course they been claiming the same thing about the wolves for the last decade. Thing is, ain't no cougar or wolf gonna stay in a area where there are no deer. They prefer areas where deer and other game are abundant and easy to take. So if you're seein' cougars/wolves and/or their sign, you are in a area with MANY deer. Just sayin'.

Yesterday I was on some local public land trying to bag a doe with my handgun, when I came across some bird hunters with a large yellow lab. I noticed how easily it could be mistaken for a cougar running thru the woods with it's color and long tail. Hope it didn't run by any cougar haters........

Page generated in 0.03881 seconds with 8 queries