View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 02:55 PM   #1
pinetree

Impressed by old milsurps today

The high dollar guns are cleaned and oiled after hunting season. Figured I hit the gun club and some rifle and pistol practice. Took my Yugo M48A and a CMP Inland M1 Carbine. I have an S&K scout scope on the Yugo. I wasn't sure about it... Anyway I shot 40 rounds of Romanian 70's 8mm and it is difinately SHTF worthy. Easy shooting, quick solid action, a good accurate gun. Still not sure about the scout scope.

I pull out the M1 carbine and run 4 mags through it. Since there is no bolt to manipulate and little recoil it is very easy to stay on target. I was very impressed with the 50yd accuracy with iron sites. It may not be the most powerful round but I have no question in its ability to handle home/farm defense. I imagine the 110g softpoints from GA Arms would be a real fight stopper and in a pinch work well enough on small whitetail.

Overall I am very pleased. I don't need an AR15 as much as I thought I did. I do wish I had bought a DSA STG FAL especially when surplus 308 was handy. Maybe once I've shot the 4000 rounds of 8mm I have I will upgrade.

Page generated in 0.02933 seconds with 8 queries