View Single Post
Old June 25, 2008, 02:17 PM   #10
AirForce2

Thanks, hmmmm

Thanks for the pic. This tells me nothings changed, so wonder if it's just due to the 16 rds and the extra pressure from the fuller mags. I use to use STI mags in .40 w/18 rds and 27 rd .38 Sup and they required more pressure but not like this. I also looked inside the gun handle and felt the mag release ledge in the gun and couldn't feel any burrs or sharp edges to tell me what to fix, it tilts up and out like a see saw out (mainly out) of the hole in the mag. It just feels like the mag button doesnt budge. There doesn'e appear to be much metal on the mag release ledge that goes into the mag to fool with, it's pretty small piece. I also held the clip in the gun and released the mag several times to wear it in and no change. I keep it loaded with 14 rds for now and sometimes it's ok and other times it's still to stiff/catching. The gun ejects mags with 14 rds the way I'd expect it to feel with 16. The ledge in the handle doesn't have much meat on it either. Think I'll give SA a call and I'm sure they'll say "well sir, it does take a lot more pressure on the mag release button if the mags are full by nature". Then I'll say "I mean damn near impossible without putting it on a table and pushing down on the button". Typical luck I have, it probably won't even be noticed or an issue with other people XDM guns. Please let me know if this problem happens on your XDM.

Page generated in 0.02480 seconds with 8 queries