View Single Post
Old July 11, 2013, 10:55 AM   #54
southjk

Quote:
Around here the trend is still a single person committing B&E's (breaking and entering) or burglaries. Multiple aggressors are very rare.
It may be rare but it happened to my in-laws on Tuesday. Husband out of town, wife out running errands. What we have pieced together so far: Neighbor says two guys knocked on her door asking if they can clean her gutters. They were in a blue pickup with a third person inside. She declines and they move on down the street. They probably knocked on my in-laws house and getting no answer they attempt to break in the front door. Not able to get it open they move to the back yard and break in the house by kicking in the french doors. Another neighbor spots a blue pickup backed up to the front door with a woman standing around smoking a cigarette and assumed it was the maid. They got away with all the jewelry, 2 televisions and all the family silver.

Now, what would have happened had she been home and just not answered the door because she was in the back and didn't hear the bell? It happens all the time when we go over. Have to call on the phone to get her to come to the door. She would have been surprised by three attackers. Were it me confronting them, I would want more than 5 rounds at my disposal. Break into my house and I'll have 17 rounds available to come your way and maybe 34 if I grab the second magazine.

So, it may be rare by your statistics but it does happen.

Page generated in 0.02708 seconds with 8 queries