View Single Post
Old December 2, 2010, 12:24 PM   #17
rclark

Quote:
I was just wondering why you said Ruger didn't make a 44mag BH.
Well, I did miss the .44Mag Bisley BH which was introduced in the mid 80s. I apologize... However, I don't recall (memory could be faulty again) up until the Bisley BH and the .44Mag 50th Anniversary flattop, that a .44Mag BH ever left the factory since '63. All .44Mag since then have been 'labeled' SBH. Point I was trying to make though is all New Model BHs, New Model SBHs and Old Model SBHs are built on the same large frame (current exception being the new .44Spec flattop) . As you pointed out, the Old Model .45 Colt is also on the large frame (good to see you've removed the rubber baby buggy bumpers from your nice .45 Colt revolver ). All will handle the same level of loads for given caliber. . Think I've beat this one to death .

More detailed reading : http://www.sixguns.com/range/Ruger.html
A clinger and deplorable, MAGA, and life NRA member. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Single Action .45 Colt (Sometimes colloquially referred to by its alias as the .45 'Long' Colt or .45LC). Don't leave home without it. That said, the .44Spec is right up their too... but the .45 Colt is still the king.

Last edited by rclark; December 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02676 seconds with 8 queries