View Single Post
Old December 16, 2009, 02:13 PM   #14
BigJimP

Glad to hear you like the gun Dre ....

Only my 2 cents but :
for chokes, for Trap, I stay with Mod from 16 - the 20 yard line for singles. Even when I shoot Continental Trap(faster birds, wider and higher angles, you can load and fire 2 shells) - I go with one barrel as MOD, and one barrel as Imp MOD. And for both, I stay with 1 oz shells, at about 1225 fps, in 8's . I know a lot of Trap shooters reach for a Full choke / but until you get back to the 25 - 27 yard line, I think its more choke than you need for Trap singles.

I also don't think you really need 1 1/8oz of 7 1/2's for shooting Trap either.....and one of my buddies only shoots 7/8 oz of 8's in his Trap loads.

The Citori XS Skeet models / in 12, 20, 28ga and .410 are my primary guns for sporting clays, Skeet and bird hunting. I like that gun a lot in 30" barrels - and I have all 4 of my guns weighted to about 8 1/2 lbs. You won't find a 28ga or .410 in that model in Browning's catalog / but there are a number of them out there - where dealers made special orders of them ( they are built on the 20ga receivers). I have shot my XS-Skeet models for Trap / but for Trap I really like the Citori XT model with 32" barrels and around 10 lbs - the extra weight helps on the follow thru and since Trap has less left to right barrel movement, the extra length and weight is a plus on Trap ( where the XT is a little too clumsy for Skeet or Sporting clays, in my opinion ). But I think the Citori XS Skeet is one of the most versatile guns that Browning makes / and a great gun for the money these days.

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries