View Single Post
Old December 12, 2009, 07:30 AM   #2
sneaky pete

MOA--nothing to do with a "Firearm"

old Sneaky Pete here: MOA is a Geometrical distance of deflection for a range that a minute(1) of angle makes--an example 1 MOA = 1.04719756 inches a 100 yards, at 200 yards 1 MOA =2.09439512 inches etc. this 1 MOA is usually rounded out to 1MOA=1 inch @ 100yds. This is usually applied to a specific bullet/projectile--an example, a .223/5/56 NATO round using a Sierra 55gr "Blitz-king" projectile has a BC( how slippery it flies thru the air) of .271 and the muzzle velocity(along with atmosphereic conditions) and other variable will determine how gravity and wind will effect the bullet path in MOA of deflection over a series of ranges. This is kind of a general overview of what happens when you pull the trigger.A good Reloading manual--I like the Sierra reloading manual, an excellent choice will give you a good overview on Ballistics and Trajectories. Sounds a little complicated at first but really isn't too hard to understand. I hope I didn't confuse you too much. THANX--SNEAKY P.S. Welcom to the "Club"--It becomes infecious--BUT remember "It's just the Inernet" and everyone has an Opinion

Last edited by sneaky pete; December 12, 2009 at 07:33 AM. Reason: added the Welcom--sp

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries