View Single Post
Old July 8, 2011, 05:50 AM   #7
youngunz4life

boyle

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Still can't understand the chaos/havoc reasoning. No doubt anyone looking over those threads would understand something of that nature has occured. That's certainly something easily observed online often enough. The 'havoc' explanation doesn't seem to hold water, but they're the house rules so that's that.
I hear you, but if people could just delete posts it would cause havoc. People would be left confused and see other related posts still there where they're supposed to be with the other ones and really have no clue what was going on. I have seen people try. The best they could do was leave an edit trail(unless they did it under 5minutes) by just saying something like, "I deleted my post" or by erasing everything but two letters. The post has been deleted but the record that this person did that remains since they can't do whatever they choose at this stage- as well as the date and time they originally posted. Even that doesn't work because there first response is recorded in people's email notifications from TFL(unless they don't allow this for personal reasons). I like it myself.

all the best

Page generated in 0.02837 seconds with 8 queries