View Single Post
Old November 23, 2010, 10:41 AM   #36
DT Guy

Can it work? Sure-you're proof that it can even offer benefits at a certain level.

But there will come a time when you want to improve your overall gun-handling skills, and find that other things---like mag changes and hand transitions---are much, much more difficult.

I encountered this when I was taking guitar lessons. My teacher kept insisting that I had to do a first position A chord with a one finger barre, and I had a terrible time with it. I eventually asked why I couldn't just keep using three fingers, one per string, like I had been. His response was, "Well, if you can ever make that chord with just one finger, I'll show you cool things you can do with your two extra fingers...."

There's usually a reason for the 'accepted technique', but that reason may not be apparent at your current skill level. IMHO, there are people shooting thousands of rounds a week who have generally found what works consistently, and there is a general (very general, actually) consensus among those folks on how to shoot.

I have no desire to reinvent the wheel, and lack the dedication, funds and native talent to improve on what Burkett, Leatham and Koenig have developed, so I use the techniques they have proven can be successful.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries