View Single Post
Old May 25, 2009, 11:09 PM   #93
Wagonman

Quote:
During their high school years it was/is common for the police to randomly search their lockers, and cars on school property. Though neither of them ever had any reason to worry they still felt that it was an overly dramatic display.
I am sure if they are doing CONSTITUTIONAL locker searchs they had some reason other than contributing to the "militarized Police state" you keep bringing up.

Why should your daughter's feelings matter? Do the teachers ask how does she feel about homework?

Quote:
It is also common practice for young people to be terry stopped and, while no citations are issued, the teens are questioned, and even offered cash bribes er "rewards" if they would become informants on their classmates. My daughter felt it was a "creepy" experience, my son felt it was harassment.
It is a common practice for good reason, teens hanging around doing nothing is RS for a Terry stop. Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

I would expect the "stitches for snitches" arguement on a gangsta' rap forum not here. What is "creepy" or harassing about getting intel from community members about what's going on?

Quote:
My son's girlfriend is quite bright and articulate, and she was threatened with arrest if she did not consent to a search of her vehicle. She had nothing to hide, and was willing to stand up for her principles, she called the bluff and won, but that influenced her perception as well.
I harken back to previous threads and think it is ludicrous to play street lawyer. Although, the recent SC decision would embolden such folly. However, as I have said before the harder you make a LEO work the harder a LEO will work. I guarantee that if you had callled my "bluff" I would have laid down my winning hand "cuffs"

Quote:
The militant attitude that is all consuming in today’s LE is scary. Police should not act like soldiers. Soldiers are trained to kill, period. They are trained to seek out an enemy and kill. They have that mindset instilled during basic training and advanced training
Funny, I know scores of LEOs and I haven't met any that have a "militant attitude" I see professional attitudes, I see sarcastic attitudes I see "I don't care" attitudes. But, mostly I see regular guys and ladies doing a job that they believe in.

Quote:
Kids, friends neices and nephews I teach, if they are of age to be polite to police officers, Provide ID if asked but do not answer any questions, do not consent to any search and do not invite police into their homes.
Good idea inculcate them in not cooperating with the Police, because all the Police want to do is interrupt the flow of your day for no reason other than he is bored and wants to violate someones rights so it may as well be you.

I guess today when I was chasing the armed robber the people I asked if they saw the offender running should have politely provided me their ID and not assisted me in attempting to judge whether to arrest a violent offender.

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries