View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 01:13 PM   #42
Skans

James Holmes - "He is said to have had few friends and barely any social life, instead spending hours indoors playing the video game Guitar Hero."

Adam Lanza "According to a new report, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter locked himself up in his basement for ‘hours on end’ to play violent video games."

Eric Harris "created a private website on America Online. Harris initially created the site to host gaming levels of the video game Doom, which he and his friend, Dylan Klebold, had created, primarily for friends. On this site, Harris began a blog, which included jokes and short journal entries with thoughts on parents, school, and friends. By the end of the year, the site contained instructions on how to cause mischief, as well as instructions on how to make explosives, and blogs in which he described the trouble he and Klebold were causing."

How far do you want to take this? Maybe you are ok with the face of "The Joker" anodized onto an AR. Or, perhaps we should shut up and not worry about an AK with pictures of dead children painted on the stock? It's just freedom of expression, right? No different than zombies, X-men, or Ninja Turtles on guns, right?

MLeak - you and I do see it differently. I see a connection between video games and violence, in some individuals. I like guns, but they are no joke to me. Turning guns into comic-bookish looking instruments is stupid, childish, and does not help our image any with gun folks and non-gun folks (who can be converted into antis). Sometimes being a "gun snob" and making it known that you look down on gaming-obsessed, zombie-AR-toting jokers is appropriate.

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 8 queries