View Single Post
Old March 29, 2010, 02:52 PM   #39
B18C5-EH2

I do frequent business with a well-known pawn shop in GA. I've been into this place many times and have spoken with a particular guy (whom I'll get to in a second) as well as most everyone on the staff.

I went into the shop with my unloaded Glock 39 with the intention of sizing it up against a few other pistols. I did not plan this out beforehand, so I did not have my case, a box, etc. I did however have my ISWB holster on me. I figured declaring to have the unloaded firearm BEFORE I pulled it out and laid it on the counter would be ideal given the circumstances. (they did not have another baby Glock, nor would they have the Pearce Grip +1 extension to add for comparison) or else I'd have just used one of theirs.

First I talked to a younger guy and asked him if he would mind if I pulled my Glock out of the holster, unloaded, to compare it to a Kahr CW40. He said it was not a problem and I slowly and very deliberately pulled the Glock from my ISWB holster, locked the slide open (the unloaded magazine was in my pocket) and let him check it before I laid it on the counter.

No problem.

Then I am done comparing, and the guy goes into the back. I see a Glock 36 I'd like to handle and compare to my 39. I approach an older guy there that I've seen and spoken to on numerous occasions. He gets the 36 out and I'm checking it out. I then ask him if I could bring my 39 out for comparison (I even said unloaded Glock 39) and he nods his head yes. I pull the 39 out (I won't say "draw" because it was very slow and deliberate) and as I'm locking the slide back he literally yells out:

"THAT THING'S NOT LOADED IS IT?!?!

Scared the crap out of me. Half the place stopped and looked at me/us (my wife and baby were with me) like in the movies or something.

I guess he was only half listening when I told him I'd be taking my unloaded Glock 39 out to compare/contrast with the 36 on the counter.

Yes, yes I intend to rob a store from which I've purchased guns, they seeme and know who i am, AND have my wife and child with me.

Last edited by B18C5-EH2; March 29, 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.04133 seconds with 8 queries