View Single Post
Old January 22, 2000, 08:37 AM   #4
Bud Helms

Yes, stereotypes are the shortcuts we make for ourselves because we are lazy. Not much good comes from them except some pretty funny jokes.

I have been thimkin' ... after Futo's "Lesbians Are Cool" post and Oleg's observations at the range, I could learn to be more tolerant, I think.

When you find you have a passion as deeply held as the RKBA in common with someone who represents a group you deeply despise (or simply dismiss), you realize you have an ally. Which implies a potential friend.

Remember you can't choose your siblings or parents, but you CHOOSE your buddies (and allies when you can). I've already decided that there are some Democrats that deserve our support due to their stance on the Second. They are usually conservative in general, too. Now that one was hard for me.

What I can't abide are the attempts to create a (IMHO) protected class of citizens. But mostly I protest using my tax money (collected by threat of force) for the practice of political advocacy for social causes that are not yet agreed on by the general citizenry.

However, since this forum is for the advancement of responsible firearms ownership, let me get to the point. If we temporarily suspend the rhetoric (not accusing anyone here) and concentrate on preserving the Second and promoting RKBA, all fellow citizens not exactly like me are welcome to join me in this cause.

So, there!

------------------
Sensop

"Put the spirit at center and the body will find it." - Shino Takazawa, sinsei, hachi dan, Keishinkan do.
(Get your mind right and the body will follow.)
Sensop's Corner

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited January 22, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries