View Single Post
Old March 30, 2011, 06:59 AM   #15
jdknotts

Wow. Blake is awesome fast. I dont think I'll ever be that fast unless I quit my job and shoot 300k rounds a year....
A couple thoughts, Catseye: I see the hesitation on my reloads. I'm pretty sure this is a worry about the mag not dropping free from the gun. The gun I am using was my fathers gun. It's 20 yrs old. I got it when he died. With it was about 20 mags. I didn't know much about glocks or the mags. Come to find out, they were all no-drop mags... My only other idpa shoot I felt like a dumba$$ when I tried inserting a new mag on top of one still in the well... I bought new mags so hopefully the fear will subside.
My gun: I consistently shoot my Glock to the left. I pushed the sights as far out as they will go without hanging over the slide. A friend said it was from the thickness of the backstrap.... I dont have this problem on any other handgun I own. I can't see my fundamentals change from gun to gun. Any thoughts?
Sight tracking: I practice this on the wall. Do the el prez drills work to cure this? What is something I can do to remedy the tracking? I tend to be a robot when it comes to shooting and it is difficult to change things. But I agree they need to be changed.

Page generated in 0.03294 seconds with 8 queries