View Single Post
Old February 8, 2012, 06:16 AM   #15
Tim R

Green, I don't shoot your game but I will say this. The only difference between you and the guys who outshot you is trigger time. Trigger time could include matches, practice and dry fire drills. I've found beginners sometimes feel like they should be shooting like the old hands because often times the old hands make it look pretty easy.

Like Kraigwy said some times we have off days which I hate. The other thing is getting through a match with no mistakes along the way normally means a better score.

I know this won’t fit your case, but one time I saw a match bulletin for a range I had never been to and was withdrawing from no shooting. So I set out on a 4 hour drive, managed to get lost and I arrived at the range late by about ten minutes…my bad. The R/O had no mercy on me and even though there was target open on the next relay he would not let me shoot.

I drove home with my ears laid back and a resolve I was going to take some of their money. The next match they had I arrived on time and shot my 308 M-1 at their 100 yard reduced targets. I did take their money. I took their money a couple more times before I found some matches closer to home. I should take my worn out AR out, grab a buddy so we can both take some of their money. Never give up. Take some of their money.

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 8 queries