View Single Post
Old March 19, 2006, 09:31 AM   #10
WhyteP38

I check out the other shooters. Primarily, I want to make sure I'm not standing next to some goofball. If the guy is really nutty, I tell the RO.

I remember one guy who brought his girlfriend there. From what I gather, she was interested in him and in some other guy they both knew but wasn't there. So the guy who was there starts telling her how to shoot, and she says, "So-and-so said I was supposed to do it this other way." The guy says, "Don't listen to him. He doesn't know [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]." The guy then loads the gun and proceeds to fire off a full mag (15 rounds of 9mm) and completely misses the target. About then, the RO steps over says, "Sir, you're shooting up my support pilings. From now on, you need to aim at the target. If you hit my pilings again, you'll have to leave the range."

I think the girlfriend's giggle was probably more embarrassing to the guy than getting a warning from the RO.

Secondarily, I like to see what other people bring to the range. Sometimes you'll find a serious shooter there with a nice rig, and you can get into a pretty interesting conversation. Sometimes, they'll even let you shoot a mag or two.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries