View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Sevens

If you want anything less than full-bore, full magnum loads -- stay away from that H110. You will have genuine problems reducing that powder and the manufacturer (distributor, actually) has very specific warnings against that.

Your best bet would be the old standby Unique for this type of load, but I would choose Hodgdon Universal over that. But you have niether and you want to do it with what you do have.

From what you have left, I'm not sure that Blue Dot would work all too well when reduced that much, so I think Bullseye might work better. I've just never been a fan of using a very fast powder in a large-cased magnum round like the .44 Magnum. When you get anywhere near a maximum load, the pressure spikes very, very sharply.

I think your best bet is to contact Ben Amonette at ATK, who is the guy that answers all e-mails about handloading questions using Alliant powders. Both Bullseye and Blue Dot are Alliant powders, and he might have the best advice.

He may tell you to go buy a pound of Unique!

Page generated in 0.03253 seconds with 8 queries