View Single Post
Old February 13, 2009, 08:44 PM   #18
orionengnr

I try to shoot every week (but, for one reason or another, I only make about three out of four weeks). Owning several .22LRs facilitates this.
Every time I shoot, I warm up with a .22. If I'm shooting revolvers, I bring my S&W M18. If I'm shooting semis, I bring a Ruger MkII or MkIII. Then a box of centerfire. A total of 150 rounds in about an hour; realistic and meaningful practice at a reasonable ammo cost.

My markmanship has improved dramatically in the year that I've been doing this. I plan to continue.

As far as "games" go, don't know if this counts, but...

About two weeks ago, I tried something new. Target 15 fet away, pistol at a low ready, pointing downward at 45 degrees, eyes on the floor in front of me (wearing a ball cap to ensure I cannot cheat). Three, two, one. Raise eyes to target, raise pistol, fire one shot, not using sights. I guess this is "point" shooting(?)

First magazine, I was hitting the 8 1/2" x 11" target, but it wasn't pretty. By the second mag I was getting a "pattern" (not a group, but effective at SD distance). I tried the same with the last mag or cylinder of each gun I've shot in the last two weeks (.22 LR, .45 acp and .45LC), and it is entertaining and illuminating. Once again, I plan on continuing this.

Page generated in 0.04399 seconds with 8 queries