Thread: What the hell?
View Single Post
Old August 18, 2013, 11:15 PM   #6
skoal3

I actually don't do either. When I took it apart it had a little bit of grease in it from the factory but not very much, I don't think it would have caused it and obviously didn't because I cleaned it out and didn't put any back in, I just took a wet patch and rubbed it on the parts of the firing pin that come in contact with the bolt. I usually store them muzzle down but this one has been sitting flat, in a case by the couch with little to no oil in the barrel, I've been shooting it almost every weekend so it might not get a through cleaning when I'm done. I thank you for your help though, also to take the bolt apart you have to remove it from the gun and uncock it so you have to recock it to put it back in, I know you don't have much leverage just trying to twist the end of it but I have a hell of a time trying to do it every time, that spring sure feels stiff to me. It may not be though, it is a lot harder to cock than my model 70 but not terribly hard. A friend thought the firing pin may be bent a little kind of putting it in a bind? I don't see anything obvious by looking at it and still, only with the Hornady ammo so far. Thanks again for the help.

Page generated in 0.03480 seconds with 8 queries