Thread: new guy here!
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2005, 03:33 PM   #15
jc121

Go to this site and ask any questions you may have on highpower in Texas. http://forums.delphiforums.com/texashighpower

They should let you know where you can shoot to where the best deals are from scopes to rifles.
Tim is pretty correct on the WOA tiggers. RRA's make a good product you can use till you get everything else you need. Remember if you buy the upper from rock river and the lower also they will not warrenty it as a complete rifle and if you buy them seperately you might get a loose fit as they do not fit them like you would a matched setup. Most of the time its tight but not always. If you can not get a deal from someone on one I would just get the best WOA has and buy the rra's lower match and you will be close to what the list is anyway on the RRA.

You may think about getting your kids into 4H as they have great small bore shooting and matches for the young ones. It better than kicking a little white ball around.

before you buy just ask for the info on where to get things as the highpower guys try to get the best deals when possible. We even go in for large buys of powder and bullets most of the time. REally cuts the cost down.

Like the pro bowlers tour? Well very seldom do you see the final score determined by X's. With 500 to 800 points up for grab in most every match its usually decided by a few points. The only match I had decided for me by X's in 2005 was the last match and I lost. We had heavy wind most of the time with rain mixed in. I shot a 192 of and he shot a 193 in off hand, Sitting he won also but I got a few back at 300 yards in the rapid prone. I had a so-so 600 yard score of 194 (darn 7) with we ended up tied with a 775 but he out X'ed me by like 3 X's. But two guys behind us were in the mid 760's and the rest of the pack were like 740's and below.
That is typical of the way the matches go without the tie breaker. You will see it more in the stages wher a few folks will have the same score which will be common and only a few times a year can not be broken by X'.
Please do not get discouraged by some of the scores the better shooters have but think about a few years of practice and many matches and you can shoot those scores also.
You will only compete with folks that are close to the same skills as there are classifications for how you shoot. A typical match will have a overall winner and classification winners.
The only time you will not see that is a very small match or a CMP/EIC match were everyone is equal in their eyes.

Good luck
Jon

Page generated in 0.02791 seconds with 8 queries