View Single Post
Old August 12, 1999, 12:43 AM   #9
Long Path

Chore Boy. Take a used 12 ga. copper or bronze brush (I'm assuming you've already used one), and wrap it with a carefully unraveled copper Chore Boy scrubber. (This is accomplished by removing the staple from the center of the Chore Boy, and cutting it with a pair of scissors NOT your wife's sewing shears. It unravels like a bandage; a neat strip of copper net.)

Dip it in something like Hoppe's #9, and GO TO TOWN, son. It must be tight. No, TIGHTER! I realize that yours will be a special dificulty, what with your fancy-schmancy Back Boring, (do you detect a note of jealousy there? You're right.) but you need to get it reallly tight. It's pretty easy with my 1100, because I just make it so that it barely will pull into the chamber, and then force it to go into the barrel. I don't have to worry about the barrel then expanding almost to chamber diameter.

This will pretty much ruin your brush for anything thereafter, but it works well, and is cheaper than Tornado brushes.

I use the Chore Boys to remove leading from my .45 Gold Cup, too, with great success.

[This message has been edited by Long Path (edited August 12, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02160 seconds with 8 queries