View Single Post
Old April 24, 2012, 08:52 AM   #18
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by newshooter1992
From what I am hearing I should just carefully read the lease and if nothing is mentioned on the matter just assume that firearms are allowed?
That is correct. The lease defines the ENTIRE contractual relationship between the landlord(s) and the tenant(s). If no prohibition against guns is mentioned, you do not have to "assume" anything, because there is no prohibition.

Quote:
I understand that asking the management about it could get them nervous but I still don't want to do anything illegal. Could I contact the local police department and ask instead of a lawyer?
You could contact the police, but what can they tell you? They are not real estate attorneys. and they probably won't have time to read your lease for you.

Don't overthink this. Read the lease. If the lease doesn't prohibit firearms, then firearms are not prohibited. If firearms are not prohibited, then having a firearm in your apartment is not illegal. It's that simple.

And I concur in the suggestion to get a small safe in which to keep your blaster, as well as the advice to not tell the combination to anyone. That includes your apartment mates.

Page generated in 0.03588 seconds with 8 queries