View Single Post
Old October 17, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
stu925

Quote:
-For some reason the powder dump always loads heavy on the first pull (if I wait a couple minutes). If I want 22.0 it will dump around 22.4 on the first load and then the next 3 or 4 consistently dump 22.0. Weird.
I have the same issue with my RCBS powder measure, I believe it's the weight of the powder in the hopper compressing the powder in the charging drum.

Quote:
-I had issues with the primers seating correctly, I realized besides using the chamfer tool to remove the crimp I also needed to clean the pocket as well (with another tool). This resolved the problem. I still have one bullet with an ever so slight off level primer, barely imperceptible.... Should I not fire it?
If it's a high primer don't fire it. I didn't see any mention of the rifle you're shooting but if it's an autoloader you may end up with a slam fire if you have a high primer.

Reloading can be very time consuming but in the end it's worth it when you find that perfect load for a particular rifle. You will eventually get a bit faster but make sure you do it safely and keep up the double and triple checks. Good luck with those test loads.

Stu

Page generated in 0.02071 seconds with 8 queries