View Single Post
Old June 24, 2011, 06:56 AM   #3
Uncle Buck

I usually do not respond to threads like this, but this morning I am in a cranky mood. Are you asking us when you can shoot? Asking us for permission to shoot? ("But I read online that I had the right to shoot them. Why am I in hand-cuffs?")

I am in a state that has the Castle Doctrine in place. My county has a reasonable Sheriffs Depart, and a County Prosecutor, that does not believe criminals are just misguided individuals. I know the laws of the land where I live.

What do I do? I Call 911, and wait. If there is not an immediate threat to my family, I am going to stand down until I have no choice. I am going to announce that I have called the police and that I am armed.

I will also remember the first time I shot someone. I will also remember the time I was shot. I do not want to go through that again.

I can replace the TV, the computer, the "Stuff".

I am going to pray like there is no tomorrow that nothing happens. I will be prepared if it does, but I am not going to be active in trying to push anything to the next level.

You have an advantage. You know your kids are upstairs with you. Play blocking force at the top of the stairs and do not allow anyone to come up those stairs. You most valuable resources are already up there with you.

Last edited by Uncle Buck; June 24, 2011 at 07:07 AM. Reason: removed snarky comments.

Page generated in 0.02552 seconds with 8 queries