View Single Post
Old October 20, 2005, 12:17 PM   #10
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Something not so obvious are your important documents -- passport (if you don't have one, get one), photo id cards, ATM & credit cards, birth certificate, deed/title to property, cash. Might be a good idea to have a checking account out-of-state with a healthy balance.
I was just about to comment that there are no ATM's in the boonies, but then I remembered the rule, Always plan for the type of conditions you'll most likely be facing. If you're in Maine, obviously you won't be planning for desert survival. But I always tend to think in terms of wilderness survival out of habit. What would be needed for surviving in the remains of a nuked city, etc? I still do think that, if conditions were so catastrophic that I would be forced to live off the land, money and papers would have no value other than fire fodder.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.02373 seconds with 8 queries