View Single Post
Old November 11, 2006, 11:41 AM   #5
Lurper

What is happening is not related to age or fatique. I shoot much better when I am tired because I am more relaxed. If no one has told you, shooting is 99% mental. It really is as simple as lining up the sights and pressing the trigger. But, as is human nature we make it more than it has to be. Learn to shoot relaxed - natural stance, relaxed grip, etc. But I digress.
What is happening is loss of focus. You are letting your conscious mind get in the way. Practice focusing your concentration. One simple excersize:

Make a dot in the center of a piece of paper. If you use optics, make it a red dot if possible. Sit at a table, place the paper on the table w/ the dot up. Now, focus on the dot. While focusing your concentration, your mind should be quiet, no little voices, no distractions. You are attempting to get into "the Zone". You cannot force it, you must allow it. Once you are there, it will be difficult to hold that level for long. Start by trying to focus for 15 seconds, then 30, then 1 minute, then 3 mins, then 5 mins. Do this and your shooting will improve more than 100%.

Page generated in 0.02476 seconds with 8 queries