View Single Post
Old March 30, 2006, 04:16 PM   #7
gbair

I had a old style Pact scale and Powder measure. It served me well until my cat dragged the scale off the table. After sheding some tears and not killing my cat, I looked at my options. The new RCBS had good press and was tempting, repairing or replacing my scale seemed too expesive, and Midway had the Lyman 1200 on sale. I chose the Lyman 1200 and it has served me well. I definitly like it better than my old Pact system. It requires a little more work to change out powders, but you don't have to recalibrate when you use different powders. I load 30-30, 308, and 223 and it has the next charge ready when I've finished seating the bullet on my last round. With the 308, I have to wait a few seconds. It is accurate to 1/10 of a grain. I'd say that one in fifty will show 1/10 grain variance. Otherwise, it's right on. I also like one unit with one power supply. Know in advance that it requires a 30 minute warm up time. This is no problem to me because I turn it on before I set up to reload. Most of the time, I just leave it on and rezero before I start loading. Hope you find this helpful.
Greg

Page generated in 0.02860 seconds with 8 queries