View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 02:26 AM   #50
shortwave

Quote:
Open discourse, honesty, and acceptance that we don't all get just what we want will go far in my opinion.
I agree and have to ask;

When these new gun regs. get past and there is no reduction in the senseless mass killings what happens next???

Who's going to be held accountable then???

What inanimate object will we blame next and outlaw to make ourselves feel better in these tragic times? Maybe we can go back and start blaming DOPE again to soothe our conscience.
After all, the decades of 'the war' on illegal drugs and the laws against having/possessing illegal drugs has worked out real well hasn't it.
Today, we wish 'pot' was the only drug we had to deal with.

Too, when these laws get passed and the purpose for them fails, is there anyone going to stand up and say with open discourse, honesty and acceptance that they were wrong...that mass killings have not decreased...that we've wasted many years(and lives) trying to get stricter gun laws only to find out we've failed miserably and have not treated nor found a solution to the problem???

Do we really believe our gun laws or lack thereof is the problem???

Do we really think that a person that is capable of such horror gives the first damn about whatever gun laws there are???

Do we really believe that if all guns are outlawed and an idiot is bound and determined to mass kill, that we can stop him/her???

Lastly, we are all familiar with Bob Costas getting on the air and giving us his personal anti gun views about the tragic events of the KC Chiefs player that shot his girlfriend and himself. Again, blaming guns.
The very next week, another tragic event(Costas hasn't commented on this one yet) in which an intoxicated pro ball player was driving his car with a Dallas Cowboy player as passenger, wrecked the car killing the Cowboy player.
Since driving while drinking is already illegal, should we outlaw booze...maybe cars???

As with many, I'm sick with these current unspeakable, horrid events. Am a father of a daughter in college, three grandchildren in grammar school and three getting ready to go. If you asked me if I'd rather have a LE officer at the school and trained school teachers being allowed to CCW or ban guns and stricter gun laws, my answer would be an astounding LE in schools/ trained teachers being allowed to ccw.

Stricter gun control will not stop a thing!

Page generated in 0.03984 seconds with 8 queries