View Single Post
Old November 2, 2011, 02:46 PM   #11
briandg

I had the expereince of seeing an enormous bull go running down the street in front of my house one day as I was working on my car. Changing antifreeze, iirc. That thing was angry, agitated, running like he had fishhooks in his nads, and 2 blocks away from a 5 lane highway. 4 blocks south was another one, and they both intersected there.

it made it onto the highway, and was eventually corraled without a shooting in that densely populated area. The only thing that kept that thing from turning really nasty was the presence of the traffic lights that slowed traffic in the area.

uneducated observation and hindsight are always good for a laugh. Of course, every PD in the world keeps trank guns and kits with darts that will work for everything from a shrew to an orca, and they can always be on hand with a trained user on hand within minutes of such an event. Every second LE officer was a cowboy 150 years ago, so at least that many ought to know how to corral a modern day cow. Come on, cows aren't smarter than people, are they? It's pretty obvious, btw, that these cops were all retards. They obviously thought that their itty bitty little cop pistols were adequate to take down the cow, and deliberately left the .458 magnum that all cops carry in the trunks behind, so they could go wild west on that big bad burger on the hoof.

Shoot the thing? OF COURSE YOU SHOOT IT!

The cow was obviously going for broke. It traveled about 100 yards in that minute of film, with a bunch of cars and cops trying to stop it. It may have caused a lethal traffic accident eventually. it may have rammed one of the cops against a car and broken bones or caused serious injury. Is killing an animal such a horrible thing that we should risk death or serious injury to either a bystander or an LE officer?

Cops are not rodeo clowns, and that isn't in their job description. Should a cop have to risk getting pinned to a car by a cow? Come on, people, don't you already make enough demands of them?

you try not to waste the thousand dollar beef on the hoof. When failure is obvious,

YOU STOMP THAT THING FLAT LIKE A RABID DOG.

it isn't like an escaped lion or charging griz, but they represent a threat, and you act on it. I don't see that the decision was wrong. It's likely that another 1/4 mile, it would have been back in a population center. It looked to me as if when that thing got to the cross road, that was where they had instructions to take it down, and stop trying for a live capture.

Page generated in 0.02237 seconds with 8 queries