View Single Post
Old November 10, 2009, 07:18 PM   #25
MLeake

Owner showed up today...

... turns out he lives just down the street, but was out of town for almost a week. Dog escaped from his kids.

I told him about the gunshot wound and the infected leg. He said he hadn't had the dog's dewclaws removed, and isn't sure what happened to him. He also said he'd been trying different dewormers on the dog, but hadn't been able to get any weight on him.

The thing is, while I hadn't met this neighbor before, I've seen some of his other animals, and they all actually look ok... The other thing is, while I haven't met him, I have met one of his sons. The kid tends our horses if we go away for weekends, and is a nice kid.

The dog ran right up to him when called. Turns out his name is Taz.

The lady and I turned the dog over, but we still have some misgivings. We gave the guy the remainder of the doxycycline; he said he'd pay the vet bills etc once we tally them up for him.

Here's hoping that the last round of antibiotic and dewormer the vet gave the dog has taken; that the owners will administer the remainder of the doxy; and that the dog will put on some healthy weight.

We're still concerned...

We've also decided it's time to get another dog.

Page generated in 0.02845 seconds with 8 queries