View Single Post
Old July 13, 2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Instead of arguing that you're irresponsible, why not argue that proper mindset, with regards to training in tactical withdrawal and avoidance, would meet the criteria for less lethal option?
As for me, I wasn't arguing anything.

"An argument could be made...." I'm not sure whether I agree with that argument or not.

I've also never called those who carry a BUG "bloodthirsty" or anything else for that matter. As stated above, those that carry a BUG have, almost to a man, said in effect that they don't care what the odds are, they carry it regardless. To which I have repeatedly replied that they should go right ahead and do so, this is America after all.

I have also noted before that the argument from the "Pro-BUG" side generally turns to either name calling or accusations of name calling, which is once again the case.

But once again, to the point of the OP, I consider a BUG and pepper spray, or any other less lethal option, to be on opposite ends of the force spectrum and in no way interchangeable. It can be "both/and" but I don't see how it could be "either/or".

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries