Thread: Hd ammo for 410
View Single Post
Old August 28, 2005, 11:58 PM   #4
almark

In my experience, a lightweight 20 ga. (NEF youth model for me) kicks about as much as a 12 ga. Rem 870 with similar loads. I can't imagine a .410 kicking as much as a 20, but I have never shot a .410 so I could be wrong. I'm not certain I'd go with a single shot (as I believe the snake charmer is) of any kind for HD, but a single shot .410 (in my opinion) would be a particularly poor choice. I'd second a pistol caliber carbine of some sort. However, if the snake charmer is what you've already got, or you decide to choose it anyway for some reason (and I'm sure there are perfectly valid reasons to) then American Derringer sells .410 buckshot for use in their .410/.45 LC derringers. $6.50 for a 5-round package. http://www.amderringer.com/safe.html There is some speculation as to whether American Derringer is still in business or not, and I cannot say one way or the other, but you could always drop them a line and see if they respond. Good luck!

Edit: For about $20 extra (at wally-world) you could get the New England Firearms Survivor model. Available in straight shotgun configuration with modified choke or in .410/.45 LC with rifled barrel and screw-in choke for use with shotshells. Just a thought.

Page generated in 0.02658 seconds with 8 queries