Thread: LGS Ripoff!
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 09:48 AM   #60
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Sutton
The only "morality" in business is the obligation to look out for your own good. That "morality" is on both sides of the table. You look out for your own interests as a buyer, and sellers look out for theirs. When value is exchanged for value, it takes both sides to agree. Nothing more, and nothing less.
So, true. And I love how folks seem to completely over-look the fact that artificial price restrictions or the potential for legal retribution actually delay or completely prevent the normal market supply correction that would restore availability and ultimately reduce prices.

It's funny how "price fixing" is such a horrible thing when it's a "high" price but we demand government mandated price fixing to maintain artificially low prices.

I also find it amusing that folks think that the "pre-panic" pricing was somehow a "fair price" that the sellers set, out of the pure goodness and benevolence of their innocent hearts. Naivety.

I can assure everyone that what ever the market price is, it is the HIGHEST price that the average buyers will willingly pay while still buying sufficient quantities to maximize profits.

Market price is not the benevolent sellers keeping prices as low as possible for the good of the buyers. Market price is the highest price that buyers will willingly pay. If they'd pay more, the sellers would charge more.... hence current conditions. Note, still, that it's the BUYERS setting the prices. The sellers can not raise them higher than the buyers will pay.

Page generated in 0.04241 seconds with 8 queries