View Single Post
Old August 12, 2013, 01:16 PM   #21
Paul B.

"I think you misunderstood the good advice you were given on the other thread. There are virtually no credible threats in Arizona from 4 legged predators. The 2 legged type are by far the greater concern and I'd choose a weapon for that as my first priority.

All of the animals you seem concerned about are hardly "large" predators. Most bobcats are 15-20 lbs and you may see the rare 50 lb cat. Mt. lions can certainly kill a human, but once again are quite small and any gun capable of human defense is more than adequate for even the largest cats on this continent."

I must seriously beg to differ with you. Tell that to the young lady who while camping out with her church group on Mt. Lemmon here just North of Tucson was dragged from her tent by a Black bear. The bear finally let go after on of the groups chaperones emptied his .44 magnum revolver into the bear. The bear ran off and was later tracked down and killed by Game & Fish officials. Several Mountain lions had to be tracked and killed after threatening hikers on the Sabino Canyon hiking trail.
Where I do agree with you is on the two legged predators. The map that Game & Fish put in the hut regs actually show a line crossing the state with the warning that due to illegal activity hunting to the south of the line could be hazardous to your health.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03628 seconds with 8 queries