View Single Post
Old July 24, 2010, 11:33 AM   #11
riverwalker76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoRacer
Ive still been finding some here.... they are becoming scarce tho... I have around 600 pounds or maybe a lil more... If at all possible..we(casters) need to try and reuse and/or recycle our cast bullets if we are to have cheap lead for our needs. I made a 1/4 thick steel backstop for our pistol targets and we have remelted at least 200 pounds in the last year.
That's a good idea. I've contemplated building a sand dune backstop on my property. It can't be that hard. All I would need would be a few railroad ties ... one on top of the other for front, back, and sides. Then around 6 tons of sand at around $7 a ton. I could use more if needed since the delivery truck can hold 25 tons.

In my opinion ... that would be the cheapest backstop I could think of. Basically, it's just a big sand pile with railroad ties to keep most of the sand in one place. Lead recovery would be a piece of cake!

What do you think?

Page generated in 0.03397 seconds with 8 queries