View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 11:42 AM   #12
tahunua001

you are comparing a cheap romanian copy of an AK47 to a brand new rifle derived from the AR15 but with light weight materials substituted. of course a carbon 15 is not going to be up to the same standards as a milspec AR15 but it isn't designed to be, it's designed to be light.

6 inch groups at 100 yards is horrible. unless you were shooting free hand while standing that's a serious problem.

double feeds are not a magazine issue. double feeds are a problem with failing to extract the previous round, an extractor issue, not magazines is the cause.

bushmaster was once the cream of the the crop. they were one of the first besides colt and armalite to make an AR15 but nowadays they are owned by cerberus, along with remington and DPMS. a bushmaster X15(or whatever they call them) is the exact same thing as a DPMS A15 and both of those are identical to a remington R15. they are made in the same factories, to the same specs... the only difference is bushmaster is a name brand so the different stamp on the side of the receiver dictates a $250+ price hike depending on model. there is nothing special about bushmasters, the carbon is a nice concept but in your own experience it has poor accuracy, and a roughly 1% chance to fail. some people wouldn't even accept those stats in a Ruger 10/22, no less a para military patterned centerfire rifle.

as for only rifle under 1K right now, my local sportsmans warehouse that just went up has a Colt 6920 for less than a grand and another LGS has a colt target model(don't know the number) for $1,050. if your budget is $1000 then there are plenty of better fish in the sea.

Page generated in 0.02023 seconds with 8 queries