View Single Post
Old March 25, 2009, 08:06 PM   #2
James R. Burke

I wont give you the reciepes just in case of a typo, but get some good manuals for what you are going to use. My wife has a .243 Ruger No 1 for her deer load I use a 100 grain Nosler Partition with RL-22. Those bigger bullets in the .243 like slower burning powder there going about 3000 f.p.s. She got her first two deer with that load. One double lunger pass thru shot went about 30 yards, and fell over. Then she filled her doe tag with a neck shot. Dropped right there. She passed on a few shots because she felt she did not have good shot placement, and that is key with the .243. It works o.k. for deer but you need a good bullet that wont break up and good shot placement. I made her a varmint load with a Nosler 55 grain ballistic tip and H-414 for the powder, there moving at about 3800 f.p.s. Both of those loads will shoot under 1" five shot groups at 100 yards if I do my part. I think the .243 is a very nice gun, that you can do alot of things with. If you go to Noslers web site go into there ballistic room, and they will give you all there load data. I also used CCI-Large Primers but there all pretty good. Have fun get some manuals, and keep it safe.

Page generated in 0.03409 seconds with 8 queries