View Single Post
Old November 10, 2012, 04:46 AM   #26
Sevens

Quote:
I recently bought a set of LEE dies, they perform well but in reality they are not supported in the fashion I have become used to. If I break a decapping pin I write RCBS and they replace it, no problem. I don't know for sure but I'd guess LEE would tell me to go suck an egg (and I wouldn't blame them). I have never used LEE customer support, so I can only guess.
This is great -- you guess Lee would tell you to go suck and egg, which you agree with, (gotta say, I agree with it as well) yet you've never used their customer service, so you'll simply gush about how happy you are with RCBS service that you appear to be using a lot.

Well, decapping pins in Lee dies rarely break, truthfully, and across TWENTY THREE sets of Lee dies since 1988, I've actually managed to break one on a piece of Berdan primed 9mm brass, and breaking it took a lot of work.

I sent them an e-mail and they mailed me a new one in less than a week.

It's the design of the die that keeps them from breaking.
But since the RCBS service is so phenomenal, you'd likely be better off using them and breaking them and getting parts for them.

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries